17 April 2013

CNY trip- Part 1

first time ever, my family and I had my Chinese New Year celebration overseas.
kind of excited, yet kind of worry.
because we're going to Cambodia, I didn't even sure do they celebrate this big festival or not.
and I wouldn't be able to celebrate with my friends, I'm going to skip so many annual events!



















approximately 1 and a half hour flight time from Kuching to Sinagpore.
it's like you close your eyes for a little while and you're already in Singapore.















Arrived at Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 in the afternoon safely.
After checking-in at hotel, we walked to the nearby MRT station, Aljunied.
In Singapore, the cheapest and most convenient transportation is MRT.
just request a MRT route map from the information counter at the MRT station and i assure you won't get lost! *wink*


































went to the famous temple in Singapore, Guan Yin Miao.
located near Bugis. get choked by the smoke from the incenses.
and no camera is allowed inside the temple.



















and then we went to Bugis Street.
mom had to get a pair of slipper because her sport shoes were killing her feet that time!
the most important thing to get, I LOVE SINGAPORE tee.
it's like a MUST to get it everywhere i went for travelling.
but sadly, i have only collected Kota Kinabalu's, Singapore's, and Cambodia's.
i need an Australia's one, anyone out there please deliver to me PLEASE..........




















because of the Chinese New Year was just around the corner, you get to see a lot of stalls set up in Bugis. and there're plenty of sweets and candy!



















walked around Bugis Junction and had lunch at the food court there.
love the ambiance there.




seriously i kinda forgot where we actually went next so please allow me to blog about the next day.
our flight to Phnom Penh, Cambodia was in the late afternoon and that simply meant we could still walk around the city!

Merlion and me!





















had our brunch at Lau Pa Sat and then went back to hotel.
time for Phnom Penh, Cambodia!


till then, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment